Semester Reflection

                                     Semester Reflection    



                                                        Final Project


The final semester project was ONW Now Sophomore edition which took about a week to get the b-role and edit my teams side of the video and two days to get the news ready and film it. Some of my teams challenges were getting an interview with Mr. Zucc. It was also hard to get some of the b-role of them handing out the laptops. The first day of news filming was kind of chill but didn't film anything but the second day was pretty wild. everyone did a good job but one of the anchors mics stoped working. I learned what the upper class-men in video do every day. I also learned how much concentration it takes to make ONW Now. Some of the feedback that we got was that one of the anchors was talking a little to fast but she fixed it during the shooting. My overall opinion on the video is that it was pretty good. Everyone did a really good job and worked really hard.


                                       ONW 1 in 2000 Feature News Story 

The ONW 1 in 2000 an interview were we had to find someone around the school to interview. The project planning and filming took about a week and the editing took about a couple days. It was kind of hard to figure out who we were going to interview and we had trouble getting the b-role. I learned that it is very helpful to have a mic and interviews went different than I originally thought they went.


During the shooting I think I used my time pretty well but editing was a little more difficult. I got more distracted during the editing faze. Most of the time I didn't finish early but if I did I would take some time to maybe polish it up a little bit. If I was behind on a project then i came i after school witch I did a lot.

My areas of strength are that I can follow directions and I like being in the video as well as filming the video. Some people only are looking to be a camera operator or an actor but I like doing both. I just need to get better at editing. I need to improve my acting. I do like acting but I am not really good at it. I try not to get distracted wile filming or editing but sometimes it happens.

The part I loved most about the semester was the final project. The final project was just really fun and it was more than we usually do for a video. I think I would have changed the self portrait video because personally I didn't really like doing that. But thats probably because mine wasn't very good and I couldn't think of anything to do for it. My goal for next year would be to try to work a little more faster so that I could turn everything in on time.



                                    

                              


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Updated Film Reel

Carson's Color Wheel

Music Video Professional Project Review