2020 Updated Film Reel



This film reel was the updated version of my last one that had some of my sophomore work in it. But this time I only used this years work only with a couple of seconds from one of my sophomore films. The films that were featured were the Subway commercial and The Sandwich Hunt short film. They both had to do with sandwiches so I thought that it worked well but I also thought it didn't give enough variety. It basically told the story of a lighthearted situation portrayed in a serious way, but it's still funny. In the Subway commercial I was lighting and I also had to voice over when we lost the audio. In the sandwich hunt I was an actor and director. The cinematography in The Sandwich Hunt was slightly better in my opinion. Really only because the short film was longer so it had more variety in shots. But the lighting in both of them were pretty good. The shots of them on the bench in the commercial were done with a reflector and it gave off more light but still looking like natural light. And in the short film, the sun and time of day worked perfectly and you could easily tell that time was passing by and the characters have used most of their day to reach their goal. The audio part was kind of our down fall but we found a way for both of the films. In the commercial we didn't have a mic, so we had to use one of our phones and even the phone audio didn't work. So I had to voice act for one of the characters so we could at least have some talking. We also recorded some sounds of outside so it didn't sound totally off. We did however had a mic in the short film but only half of the video had audio for some reason. So we decided that it would be weird if you could only hear half of it and not the other half. So we made the whole thing a silent film. We made it black and white and also added subtitles to give it that sort of silent film vibe. It wasn't what we wanted but it was all we could do. People still liked it a lot more than we thought they would and it was still funny. The editing style for my film reel was pretty simple but satisfying. I just took the clips that I wanted and I cut them down to appropriate lengths and put them together. For a lot of the clips, I cut them to a beat in the song but not always the main beat. I sometimes did it on some of the down beats or side beats. I wish I had put a little more variety in the red because a lot of the shots are one of the actors that have been in most of my films. I also wanted to use a different song originally but went with a different song. I really like some of the shots that I originally used. There was a shot of the actor sweating and the shots on the couch were really good. I still want to use a different song and use a little more variety in the shots.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carson's Color Wheel

Music Video Professional Project Review